Well we have been waiting for this one a long time don’t we? The number of OneNote users is steadily growing and now you get the opportunity to get certified. Prior to the release of an exam there is a beta period. During this period people get the change to take the exam in full glory. After the beta period the exam is evaluated en reshaped to the final piece which comes available shortly after the beta.
Beta? Tell me more…
Well if you would like to participate in the beta there are some guidelines you need to follow. Let me sum up the steps you need to take:
- Find a testingcenter near you that is available for beta testing. You can find a center using the testcenter locator from certiport which you can find here or you can take a look at the list provided by Wendy Johnson which you can find here
- Send an email to the certiport betacoordinator stating you would like to take part in the betaprogram email@example.com
- Wait for the returnmail from stacey to see if you have been selected to participate
- Take the exam at your preferred testcenter
- The beta will run starting Monday, September 12 through Tuesday, October 4, 2011
And when i am done?
The waiting starts 😉 If you Pass the exam you will not have to take the finalized exam and you will be certified. You will receive a certificate by regular mail.
What to expect when taking the exam
What you would expect… taking the exam. But a beta exam has more… much more questions. The positive is that you also get twice as much time. As usual be aware that this exam is hands on so no multiple answer questions. Prepare for the exam by having a look at the preparation page here
So let’s do this. Open OneNote and see if you know how to add a template, add a section, add a password and……… you get the picture.
Happy prepping and i’ll let you know how i did (if i am selected to participate in the beta).