|I do a lot of presenting and it is always a challenge to pick the right tools for the job. A lot depends on the environment settings in which you have to do your show. Will i be able to walk around just a little, is presenterview easy to use at the moment, can i use the mouse for clicking to the next slide etc. Since a couple of weeks i’ve added Office Remote to my toolbox when presenting. So what is it and how can it add value to your presentation?Office Remote is an add in for PowerPoint. When installed it will add an additional tab to your ribbon called Office Remote.
Download Office remote here: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=41149
You need a windows 8 phone device, office 2013 (i tried office 2010 and that also worked… ssst don’t tell anyone) and the desktop addin!
The next step you have to do is download the App from the windows store. Just type office remote in your search box on your phone.
Install the App and you are good to go. Now for some additional steps:
- Your phone must be set to bluetooth enabled. Your tablet or pc must also be set to bluetooth enabled. In your PC settings (tablet settings) let devices sync via bluetooth (pair). The name of the connecting pc will be stored in your phoneapp;
- Ok, devices are in sync, it is time to use the office remote during the presentation;
- Start PowerPoint and click on the Office Remote tab, click on the Office remote button;
- Make sure you start the app on your phone. Goes without saying that bluetooth should be enabled…
- Now when you start your presentation you will see the filename appear on your windows phone. Select the file and just by clicking on your phone you will advance to the next slide. But what really makes it interesting is the fact that it shows the notes from the notes pane directly on your phone. Your story is right there in the palm of your hands 🙂 Who needs presenterview now…
What are you waiting for, give it a try…
Take a look at the video by clicking the link below and your on your way:
Happy Presenting 🙂